Thursday 3 June 2010

RSS feeds


I have added the Cam23 RSS feed to my iGoogle page following the simple instructions. I also added feeds from my own library's blog and the one belonging to the Central Science Library. They were all easy to do as they had options for subscribing with Google. However, when I tried to subscribe to feeds like BBC News and Weather I found they would only subscribe via my Internet Explorer web browser. It took me a good half hour (and much frustration) to realise that you must find the feeds from the "Add stuff" list on the iGoogle page. So I now have the BBC News updating frequently and a weather feed showing predictions of the next six hours.
I think RSS feeds are a good way of getting updates without having to remember to visit a website regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment